- Totally Confusing!! Review by Shereece
Well this is the SECOND time I'm writing a review on this pattern. Since the 1st time was not a raving review, I'm not surprised that it didn't post...
Keep in mind I'm a fairly experienced crocheter and these are my thoughts...
1) The 3RC and 3LC instructions were not very clear and hard to understand. Creator of pattern sent me photos of 3RC, but, after asking a couple of times, didn't hear back on the 3LC. She stated the editors took out a lot of the visual aids. They must not have tried to make this sweater before deciding what they thought wasn't necessary to include (probably because they also don't crochet...).
2) The pocket... GOOD LUCK! Instructions aren't that great either. Where to attach... Where to tss2tog... Oh my!
3) Got 50% off pattern during a sale. Thank goodness! At best it's good for the outline of the sweater and I created my own design within the sweater.
(Posted on 1/8/14)
- CONFUSING!!! Review by Reece
OMG! I was really excited to make this sweater. Ordered my yarn and pattern and sat down to get started. As always, I read over the pattern and the stitches. In doing so, there's supposed to be a reference to "BO" in the Glossary. Unless it's in invisible ink, it doesn't exist. When you try to Google what it means, it's "bobble". Not sure how that fits in, but after MUCH thought, I assumed it means to slip stitch. At least that's how I've used it and it seems correct.
After getting started, the cable pattern... Don't even get me started! The instructions and lack of pictures makes the 3LC and 3RC difficult and I consider myself a pretty experienced crocheter. I contacted the creator of the pattern on her blog. She sent me additional photos (that the editors who probably don't even crochet) removed. That helped with the 2RC, but she did not respond to multiple requests for the same for the 3LC.
Long story short, I used the foundation of the pattern (i.e. shape, stitch count) and created my own design in the sweater. That's about all this pattern is good for. IF you buy it, make sure you get it on sale and don't pay full price.
(Posted on 1/7/14)