With 20+ all-new beaded designs, the magnificent April/May Beadwork issue will have you creating fresh and fun jewelry in no time! Learn new beading techniques, practice your favorite methods, learn new tricks and tips for creating unique jewelry, and much more.
Work alongside our four fabulous Designers of the Year: Leslie Frazier, Jean Power, Diane Fitzgerald, and the sister duo Sue Jackson and Wendy Hubick. Create an intriguing peyote- and herringbone-stitched bracelet using seed and peanut beads, use right- angle weave to create a pearl necklace with a touch of glam, discover how circular-peyote stitch can create a unique necklace that’ll catch everyone’s attention, and more!
Find out how to create this issue’s bead for our 15th Anniversary Beaded Bead Contest, a cluster bead! Follow along with Beadwork magazine and create variations of five different beads. At the end of the year, share a piece of jewelry you made that incorporates at least one of each of the five anniversary beaded beads.
Learn several ways to give your jewelry the frilly look of picot endings with four different techniques from expert Jean Campbell.
In every issue, you will be amazed at the amount of information packed into these pages:
- Be inspired by dazzling projects from the experts. In each issue, you’ll find a noteworthy project from each of our four 2012 Designers of the Year: Jean Power, Diane Fitzgerald, Leslie Frazier, and the dynamic sister duo Sue Jackson and Wendy Hubick.
- Take your beadwork to the next level with Jean Campbell’s column Stitch Pro—a compressive exploration of beading techniques.
- See what happens when you give 4 designers identical materials, and they let their creativity go wild with The Challenge.
- Discover our department W.O.R.D (What Our Readers Did)! Now you have the chance to see how readers just like you have created their own jewelry and variations on projects straight from Beadwork.
- Plus, in Simply Seeds, learn how to put the spotlight on seed beads in your designs.
- In Bead Artist, Michelle Mach interviews a popular artist on their beading experiences.
- And so much more!