Celebrate the 15th Anniversary with the December/January issue of Beadwork magazine!
Over 10 wonderfully unique projects will have you beading in no time! Try a fabulous necklace with an inventive combination of stitches or use square stitch to create funky sea horse earrings.
Check out the finished projects from The Challenge. Jamie Hogsett, Jennifer VanBenschoten, Jami Jacobson, and Mae Barraclough all used brilliant variations on common techniques to create unique pieces of jewelry with the same materials!
Make stunning pieces alongside the four Designers of the Year: create a necklace you’ll treasure using a variation of right-angle weave, take a trip back to the eighteenth century with an elegant flat peyote-stitched necklace, combine pearls and crystals to create a necklace reminiscent of Shakespeare’s famous plays, and discover how to create a vintage pearl cuff that sparkles and shines.
Get expert information to boost your threading skills with Jean Campbell’s tips and tricks for mastering square stitch. Full-color illustrations will make this expert’s tricks easy to understand so you can get started today!
In every issue, you will be amazed at the amount of information packed into these pages:
- Be inspired by stunning projects from the experts. In each issue, you’ll find a fabulous project from each of our four 2011 Designers of the Year: Cynthia Rutledge, Sherry Serafini, Kelly Wiese, and Carol Wilcox Wells.
- Take your beadwork to the next level with Jean Campbell’s column Stitch Pro—a compressive exploration of beading techniques.
- See what happens when you give 4 designers identical materials, and they let their creativity go wild with The Challenge.
- Be in the know with the most-popular, newest, and hottest jewelry-making products with Katie Hacker in Katie’s Finds.
- Plus, in Simply Seeds, Jean Power puts a spotlight on seed beads. Jean will show you how peyote-stitched triangle beaded beads and wirework create fabulous crystal triangulations.
- In Bead Artist, Michelle Mach interviews Laura Mears on her exquisitely sculpted detailed porcelain beads!
- And so much more!