It’s all about printmaking in this issue of Cloth Paper Scissors. Join us and explore the more assessable forms of printmaking including stamping, image transfer, stenciling, and masking. Inside you will find several techniques and inspiration to apply printmaking to art journals, fabric collage, and even mixed-media jewelry!
- A look at...Stamp Carving Supplies: Apply the perfect stamp whenever you need it! Get the insider knowledge on stamp carving tools to create your own custom stamps.
- Abstract Figures-Building Layers with Tape Masks: See how to use tape as a mask to create abstract collages with Theresa Plas.
- Under Collage -This Image Transfer is Just Right: If you’ve ever tried to add an image transfer to a mixed-media composition only to be disappointed by mediocre results, rest assured, you are in good company with Trudi Sissons.
- Gesso + Stenciling-Adding Interest to Your Fabric Art: See how Rose Legge uses her technique with fabric and stencils to create a banner or prayer flag, piece it together for a larger art piece, or matted and framed for wall décor in your home.
- Chickpea Paste Resist-a New Twist on an Old Favorite: There is something so serendipitous and intriguing about the patterns created on fabric when paint or dye is applied through a flour-paste resist. See what you can learn from Sandra Spagnuolo with this technique.
- And so much more!
Discover the potential you have in printmaking with Cloth Paper Scissors May/June 2014. Order or download your copy today!