Pearls, A Lasting Love Affair: We are drawn to the sensuous beauty of a pearl, to its soft contours, and most of all to the warm, persistent light that seems to glow from within this unique gem.
Pearl Basics: Although the five criteria for selecting the best pearls - luster, surface, shape, color, and size - matter most when buying fine jewelry, they are still important when you choose pearl for your own jewelry-making.
- Classic Pearl Knotting- The classic strand of pearls features a knot between each pair of pearls, to protect each pearl's surface from scratching on its neighbors and to prevent a broken strand from spilling the entire necklace.
- Purple Pearls- For the style of classic pearl knotting without the intricate handwork, string Delica beads in a matching or complementary color between each pair of pearls.
- Dark Beauties- In this long Tahitian-like strand of beads, the look of classic pearl knotting is replicated with a new product that emulates the look of knots.
- Coin of the Realm- Using a simple coin pearl with a red pearl accent, these simple yet chic earring look fabulous in any part of the world, no matter what the currency.
- Mother-of-Pearl Radiance- Long considered less desirable that true pearls, mother-of-pearl is made of the same material-nacre-and can glow as beautifully as its much-prized cousin.
- The Midas Touch- A fresh take on the Edwardian dog collar, this delicate but distinctive necklace makes a statement.
- Cuff Deluxe- Burgundy seed beads form the base of this cuff and bring out the spectrum of glorious colors in these side-drilled coin pearls.
- Champagne Necklace- Scattered pearls, wrapped with wire to sparkling ribbon, appear to bubble up like champagne in a glass flute.
- Sacred Vows Lariat- Two become one in this wedding necklace perfect for the bride.
- Lavender Bouquet- Inspired by new love, this delicate but versatile piece is filled with special details.
- Pearl Fusion- The combination of peach pearls and turquoise nuggets begins in a handcrafted pendant and continues throughout this multistrand necklace.
- Copper Romance- Large pearls and small beaded rings in hues of copper, bronze, and almond are embellished with dashes of dark Tahitian blue.
- Midnight Tassel- A dangling handstitched tassel of seed beads and black pearls punctuates this spectacular necklace, which alternates oval and top-drilled pearls separated by sophisticated wavy jump rings.
- Chain Reaction- Huge links of oval silver chain are divided by small classic white pearls, large sexy black pearls, and spunky teal pearls.
- Global Pearls- Materials and colors fuse together flawlessly in this chunky treat of the wrist.
- Catch of the Day- Pearl and silver charms are captured in this seven-foot-long "net" of braided cord, which is designed to wrap several times around the neck.
- Off the Grid- Begin with a base of green and orange seed beads stitched into a right-angle weave grid, and embellish it with a scattering of dark green pearls.
- Ocean Wonders- A reminder that pearls are merely one of many gifts from the sea, this shell pendant is engraved with images of the ocean's bounty.
- Wild Trellis- This very organic bracelet is a symbol of growth and regeneration.
- Center of Attention- Circles of chain broken up with wire-wrapped pink pearls lead to a centerpiece composed of more circles for a fun, flirty piece, perfect for a night out on the town.
- Brilliant Bangle- Six colors of seed beads blend to bring out the glow and nuance of each of three colors of pearls.
- Very Berry- Tiny pink pearls stitched into berrylike clusters are the impetus for these "oh so very" dangling chain earrings.