Best Crochet Books
|Here are a few of Toni's featured favorites, check them all out at the Crochet Shop!
Plus get 10% off* your favorites with coupon code SAVELP
By Toni Rexroat, Crochet Me editor
This week I decided to reorganize my crochet books, making sure the beginner crochet books were together and the crochet pattern books were organized by pattern type. I will admit that this process took far longer than it should have. I kept stopping to browse through the pages of each crochet book. Pages of quick and easy crochet accessories, the perfect garments for spring or to work on for winter, and perfect shawls and wraps for any occasion. I added several new projects to my queue. While I was at it, I also created a list of some of my favorite crocheting books for you.
- Unexpected Afghans by Robyn Chachula is the ultimate book of crochet afghan patterns. With twenty-nine innovative interpretations of this crochet favorite, you will find the perfect crochet afghan for any technique. Afghans with yards of lace, rows of intricate cables, or innovative Tunisian crochet patterns, you will find the perfect crochet blanket for any room or season.
- Kristin Omdahl had discovered an incredible crochet technique that makes it possible for you to create gorgeous crochet motif projects without the endless tasks of seaming or weaving in hundreds of loose ends. This incredible technique is laid out in Kristin’s book, Seamless Crochet. Crochet patterns ranging from shawls and blankets to hats and scarves and intricate colored stitch diagrams make this new technique accessible to any crocheter.
- Crochet and light-weight yarns are truly the perfect combination. In Crochet So Fine, Kristin Omdahl crafts lace, fingering, and even the occasional DK-weight yarn into stunning crochet lace sweaters, shawls, scarves, and more. The light-weight yarns and lace stitches create exquisite drape in motif, chain stitch, and pineapple inspired fabrics. Whip up a few of these pieces, perfect for layering, for year-round wardrobe options.
- Crochet accessories tend to be small examples of the possibilities of crochet. Clever Crocheted Accessories by Brett Bara and her A-list lineup of crochet designers has put together an amazing collection of accessories, all with a clever twist. From lace and cable crochet socks, to brilliant colors incorporated into tablet covers and shawls, to jewelry and hats, you will find the perfect unique accessory for anyone.
- Every crocheter needs a book of quick and easy crochet projects. Robyn Chachula has delivered with Simply Crochet. With accessories, bags, toys, home décor, children’s clothing, and stunning women’s tops, there is something for everyone. And the best part?all twenty-two patterns are designed to get the most project from your yarn. Create an entire sweater with five skeins of yarn or whip up the perfect crochet gift with a single ball.
- For the ultimate collection of scarves, wraps, and shawls, check out Wrapped in Crochet by Kristin Omdahl. Nineteen patterns, including several featuring several of Kristin’s exclusive stitch patterns, include something for any occasion, from light and lacy shawls and stoles to solid wraps with sleeves and scarves. A variety of crochet techniques including Tunisian crochet, woven crochet, hairpin lace, and more allows you to learn a new stitch while creating an exquisite accessory.
- One of my favorite all time books is The Best of Interweave Crochet. The most popular projects from five years of Interweave Crochet have been compiled into one crochet book. You will find Lisa Naskrent’s Moorish Mosaic Afghan, Julia Vaconsin’s Northern Dreams Pullover, Kristin Omdahl’s Infinity Wrap, and so much more. In addition to the innovative projects, you will find thirteen how-to articles to help you with everything from foundation stitches to garment construction.
- If you are looking to revolutionize your crochet, break a few rules, and get creative, Crochet Me: Designs to Fuel the Crochet Revolution is the perfect crochet book for you! This diverse collection of crochet patterns has something for everyone, from a classic shrug that can be given an added edge by working it without the lower lace section to a chunky scarf and a flirty sweater. From traditional silhouettes with a twist to innovative accessories and a pair of thigh high socks, this book is sure to begin a revolution in your crochet.
- Cutting-edge fashion and easy crochet patterns combine in Double Stitch: Designs for the Crochet Fashionista by Erika and Monika Simmons. The twenty-three fashion-forward patterns in this crochet pattern book are easy and quick-crochet projects perfect for a night on the town. Crochet designers, Erika and Monika have created a wonderfully avant-garde collection of pieces, perfect for layering and making a statement.
- Add a touch of your own design to ready-made garments, home décor pieces, or your crochet creations with Harmony Guide: Crochet Edgings and Trims. From delicate narrow trims to thick eye-catching edgings, you will find the perfect embellishment for your project. The one hundred fifty trims and edgings range from intricate lace to solid to individual fringes and flowers.
- Newly updated, The Crocheter’s Companion, is the perfect resource for everyone. Whether you are looking for your first beginner crochet books or are an experienced crocheter looking for a handy reference, this is for you. This revised edition includes directions and illustrations for Tunisian crochet stitches, increases, and decreases as well as Aran crochet, post stitches, and more. Keep this resource close when you chose a pattern in a new technique, design your own pattern, or simply browse through the pages and chose a new crochet stitch to learn.
You can find all of these pattern and how to crochet books for sale in the Crochet Me Shop. And if you are like me and find your bookshelf space limited, check out the crochet eBook versions of all these favorites below!
Like What You See? Save 10% Off Select Crochet Patterns and Resources!
Use Promo Code: SAVELP
Final discounts will be displayed within the cart for qualifying items. Discount not valid on pre-orders, value packs,
subscriptions, and 3rd party products. One use per customer. Other exclusions apply.
Crochet eBooks for sale for every crocheter's library: