How to Get Started Teaching Online Workshops Part II: How to Create Online Video Workshops
With Jodi Ohl
YOU’LL LOVE THIS WEB SEMINAR IF
- You want to teach online art classes and workshops
- You need help organizing your online class content
- You are new to video editing skills and need assistance on: how to edit, produce and uploading your class
- You already are a workshop instructor and would like help transitioning into online classes
- You know the basics of editing videos but need help with more advanced editing techniques.
ABOUT THE WEB SEMINAR:
Online teaching is exploding onto the educational scene in a huge way over the last several years. The opportunity to reach a worldwide audience has caused many artists to consider and/or pursue online teaching as an additional resource for income and growth in their creative career. The opportunity has a huge potential for the right teacher, but sometimes getting started can seem tricky or overwhelming. Join Jodi Ohl in this follow up to her first webinar “How to Get Started Teaching Online Workshops”. During “How to Create Online Video Workshops” you will learn the basics of creating your workshop as well as see how Jodi edits her videos, providing the audience helpful tips, techniques and shortcuts that will make getting started with your own class much easier!
Jodi Ohl has taught over 12 online classes in the last four years as well as participated in collaborative online workshops such as Lifebook 2012, 21 Secrets, and Soul Food. In total she has taught well over 1000 students around the world. She will discuss an overview on how to structure online classes for a successful launch and a variety of technical tips, equipment needs and resources, and an overview on how to edit your videos that can be applied to virtually any video editing software.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Jumping off points on structuring an online workshop
- Tips on how to store online class content in an organized manner
- Explore technical and equipment needs to get started teaching online classes
- Basic video editing functions that will make your films more interesting and professional
- Learn advanced video editing functions such as mirroring, voice overs, adding music, transitioning and more.
- Time saving suggestions to utilize when editing your video files for classes
- Bonus: helpful documents and tools to download and keep for future reference
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Jodi Ohl is a full-time mixed media artist and instructor, who favors unique color combinations, texture, and a sense of humor in her creative endeavors. A resident of NC and mother of two boys, her inspiration comes from many places but is rooted in a sense of community, family, relationships and overall positive empowerment found from living a creative life. Jodi’s art has been published in over 18 publications and is collected around the world. She currently teaches workshops around the East Coast and runs 12 online classes.