1. So what is Quilting Arts in Stitches Volume 3?
Quilting Arts in Stitches Vol. 3 is the third in our dynamic digital product series, called eMags, that you can download onto your computer and enjoy on or offline. It requires a simple software application called Adobe® AIR® that’s easy to use and can be installed on your computer for free. Quilting Arts in Stitches includes articles, videos, gallery slideshows of quilts, hyperlinks to inspiring and informative websites, and so much more. With just the click of your mouse, you can open and play videos, view slideshows of quilts, and navigate easily around the eMag.
2. What is the editorial focus of Quilting Arts in Stitches Volume 3?
Inside Quilting Arts in Stitches Vol. 3 you’ll find videos with tips and tutorials for mastering machine stitching, slide show galleries with zoom capabilities, scrolling informational and tip boxes, artist bios, printable materials lists and pages, step-by- step instructional articles, and so much more!
- Stitch as Mark with Gwen Hedley: Learn how Gwen transforms her sketches into gorgeous art quilts.
- 5 Things to Know about Thread Sketching with Leni Levinston Wiener: Watch Leni as she demonstrates tips on how to sketch with your machine.
- It’s Slow, It’s Traditional, It’s Perfect with Lisa Call: See how Lisa creates her own unique contemporary textile paintings using traditional machine stitching.
- You Stitched What? An Alchemical Transformation: Embellishing Quilted Textiles with Stitched Metal with Judy Coates Perez: Learn what happens when combining shiny, hard metals with soft, flexible textiles in this great new series.
- Machine and Hand Stitching with Natalya Aikens: Explore tips on how to combine machine and hand stitching to create various art quilts.
- Put Your Best Face Forward with Maria Elkins: Explore ideas to help bring your quilted portrait quilts to life.
- Thread Painted Quilts with Barbara Barrick McKie: Create stunning photo quilts with thread painting.
- Creating Detail and Texture with Free-motion Quilting with Terry Grant: Learn when and how to add shadows and pattern when quilting complex scenes. Around the World in Stitches: Kuba Rafia Textiles with Lisa Shepard Stewart: Learn about this unique sewing method from the Congo in our new series.
- Free-Motion, Machine-Sketched Black-Eyed Susan with Candy Glendening: Join Candy as she takes you through the steps to create your own botanical sketch of a black-eyed Susan.
3. How is it different from the digital edition of Quilting Arts Magazine®?
Quilting Arts in Stitches Vol. 3 is an entirely unique product, separate from Quilting Arts Magazine®, that focuses on hand and machine stitch. Unlike the digital editions of Quilting Arts Magazine®, which are exact digital replications of the print editions, Quilting Arts in Stitches was developed solely as a digital product so that it can capitalize on all the benefits of online media capabilities, including videos, slideshows, zoom options that enable you to see close-ups of quilts, patterns that can be downloaded and printed, abilities to hyperlink to special sites, and so much more.
4. Will Quilting Arts in Stitches be available as a print magazine?
Because this was built as a digital product, it will not be printed as a traditional magazine. However, we hope you'll take advantage of the many printable materials we've included.
5. Will Quilting Arts in Stitches Volume 3 mean that Quilting Arts Magazine® will stop printing?
Absolutely not! Quilting Arts in Stitches is an entirely separate, additional product to the Quilting Arts family. Quilting Arts Magazine® is still our flagship publication. We’re celebrating our 10th anniversary, and have exciting issues ahead as we greet the next 10 years!