1. So what is Quilting Arts in Stitches?
Quilting Arts in Stitches is our dynamic digital product, called an eMag, that you can download onto your computer and enjoy on or offline. It requires a simple software application called Adobe® AIR® that’s easy to use and can be installed on your computer for free. Quilting Arts in Stitches includes articles, videos, gallery slideshows of quilts, hyperlinks to inspiring and informative websites, and so much more. With just the click of your mouse, you can open and play videos, view slideshows of quilts, and navigate easily around the eMag.
2. What is the editorial focus of Quilting Arts in Stitches Volume 5?
Inside Quilting Arts in Stitches Vol. 5 you’ll find videos with tips and tutorials for mastering machine stitching, images with zoom capabilities, scrolling informational and tip boxes, artist bios, printable materials lists and pages, step-by- step instructional articles, and so much more!
- 3 Dimensional WildFlowers by Barb Forrister: Learn how to create amazing 3D fiber art pieces.
- It’s All About Texture by Larkin Jean Van Horn: Construct a fiber art reliquary.
- Suspended Thread by Amanda McCavour: Life-sized drawing with stitch.
- You Stitches What? Light Up Your Quilts by Cheryl Sleboda: Incorporate LED lights into quilts!
- An Interview with Svetlana Bogdanova by Jane Dávila: Translated by Natalya Aikens.
- Stupendous Stitching™ by Carol Ann Waugh: Combine machine and hand stitching for beautiful texture.
- Abundance Quilts by Therese May: Use up scraps and get inspired!
- New Beads on the Block by Alma Stoller: Make fun embellished fabric beads.
- Abundance Quilt Challenge: Enter to have your art in an upcoming issue!
3. How is it different from the digital edition of Quilting Arts Magazine®?
Quilting Arts in Stitches is an entirely unique product, separate from Quilting Arts Magazine®, that focuses on hand and machine stitch. Unlike the digital editions of Quilting Arts Magazine®, which are exact digital replications of the print editions, Quilting Arts in Stitches was developed solely as a digital product so that it can capitalize on all the benefits of online media capabilities, including videos, slideshows, zoom options that enable you to see close-ups of quilts, patterns that can be downloaded and printed, abilities to hyperlink to special sites, and so much more.
4. Will Quilting Arts in Stitches be available as a print magazine?
Because this was built as a digital product, it will not be printed as a traditional magazine. However, we hope you'll take advantage of the many printable materials we've included.
5. Will Quilting Arts in Stitches mean that Quilting Arts Magazine® will stop printing?
Absolutely not! Quilting Arts in Stitches is an entirely separate, additional product to the Quilting Arts family. Quilting Arts Magazine® is still our flagship publication. We’re celebrating our 10th anniversary, and have exciting issues ahead as we greet the next 10 years!