1. So what is Quilting Arts in Stitches?
Quilting Arts in Stitches is our dynamic digital product, called an eMag, that you can download onto your computer and enjoy on or offline. It requires a simple software application called Adobe AIR that's easy to use and can be installed on your computer for free. Quilting Arts in Stitches includes articles, videos, gallery slideshows of quilts, hyperlinks to inspiring and informative websites, and so much more. With just the click of your mouse, you can open and play videos, view slideshows of quilts, and navigate easily around the eMag.
2. What is the editorial focus of Quilting Arts in Stitches Volume 6?
Inside Quilting Arts in Stitches Vol. 6 you'll find videos with tips and tutorials for mastering machine stitching, images with zoom capabilities, scrolling informational and tip boxes, artist bios, printable materials lists and pages, step-by- step instructional articles, and so much more!
- A Show of Hands by Jane Dávila: Free-motion quilt pain-free.
- Stitching the Invisible World by Betty Busby: Microscopic images, painted and stitched.
- An Interview with Abigail Brown by Jane Dávila: Meet Abigail's amazing aviary.
- Redwork by Sandra Donabed: The history and future of Redwork.
- Dense Echo Quilting by Nancy G. Cook: Repeating the line.
- Leaves, Leaves, Leaves by Barbara Schneider: Wabo-Sabi stitching.
- Mixed Media Figure by Tracy Page Stilwell: Express Yourself.
- Relax-Thread Tension Explained by Lindsey Murray: Adjust your machine for the perfect stitch.
- What's Your Stitch IQ? Take a fun quiz.
- Birds of a Feather: A gallery of bird quilts by some of our favorite artists.
3. How is it different from the digital edition of Quilting Arts Magazine?
Quilting Arts in Stitches is an entirely unique product, separate from Quilting Arts Magazine, that focuses on hand and machine stitch. Unlike the digital editions of Quilting Arts Magazine, which are exact digital replications of the print editions, Quilting Arts in Stitches was developed solely as a digital product so that it can capitalize on all the benefits of online media capabilities, including videos, slideshows, zoom options that enable you to see close-ups of quilts, patterns that can be downloaded and printed, abilities to hyperlink to special sites, and so much more.
4. Will Quilting Arts in Stitches be available as a print magazine?
Because this was built as a digital product, it will not be printed as a traditional magazine. However, we hope you'll take advantage of the printable materials that are available.
5. Will Quilting Arts in Stitches mean that Quilting Arts Magazine will stop printing?
Absolutely not! Quilting Arts in Stitches is an entirely separate, additional product to the Quilting Arts family. Quilting Arts Magazine is still our flagship publication. We celebrated our 10th anniversary, and have exciting issues ahead as we greet the next 10 years!