FAQs for Quilting Arts in Stitches
1. So what is Quilting Arts in Stitches?
Quilting Arts in Stitches is a dynamic digital product called an eMag that you can download onto your computer and enjoy on or offline. Quilting Arts in Stitches includes articles, videos, gallery slideshows of quilts, hyperlinks to inspiring and informative websites, and so much more. With just the click of your mouse, you can open and play videos, view slideshows of quilts, and navigate easily around the eMag.
2. What is the editorial focus of Quilting Arts in Stitches?
Inside Quilting Arts in Stitches you’ll find:
- Videos with tips and tutorials for mastering machine stitching. These videos range between 4-10 minutes in length and include tips and exercises to help you improve your machine stitching; 9 filler designs for free-motion stitching; an in-depth machine needle-felting demonstration; and a special Q & A and studio tour with fiber artist Beryl Taylor.
- Whimsical stitch projects, one of which includes a pattern that you can click and print to use.
- Gallery slide shows of inspiring art quilts and fiber art that you can zoom in on to see close-up details of stitching.
- Articles with ideas, tips, and exercises to take your hand and machine stitching to the next level.
- A special feature called “The Stitch Pantry,” which highlights some of the must-have and most helpful products on the market today to make your stitching even better.
- Quick stitch ideas and prompts to take your stitching further.
3. How is it different from the digital edition of Quilting Arts Magazine®?
Quilting Arts in Stitches is an entirely unique product, separate from Quilting Arts Magazine®, that focuses on hand and machine stitch. Unlike the digital editions of Quilting Arts Magazine®, which are exact digital replications of the print editions, Quilting Arts in Stitches was developed solely as a digital product so that it can capitalize on all the benefits of online media capabilities, including videos, slideshows, zoom options that enable you to see close-ups of quilts, patterns that can be downloaded and printed, abilities to hyperlink to special sites, and so much more.
4. Will Quilting Arts in Stitches be available as a print magazine?
Because this was built as a digital product, it will not be printed as a traditional magazine. However, we hope you'll take advantage of the printable materials we've included, such as Kathy York's stitch tips to keep close to your sewing machine, hand stitching diagrams, and the fabric vase pattern that you can print and use to create your vase.
5. Will Quilting Arts In Stitches mean that Quilting Arts Magazine® will stop printing?
Absolutely not! Quilting Arts in Stitches is an entirely separate, additional product to the Quilting Arts family. Quilting Arts Magazine® is still our flagship publication, and with its 10th anniversary approaching, we have some exciting plans for it!