1. So what is Quilting Arts in Stitches?
in Stitches includes articles, videos, gallery slideshows of quilts, hyperlinks to inspiring and informative websites, and so much more. With just the click of your mouse, you can open and play videos, view slideshows of quilts, and navigate easily around the eMag.
2. What is the editorial focus of Quilting Arts in Stitches Volume 4?
Inside Quilting Arts in Stitches Vol. 4 you’ll find videos with tips and tutorials for mastering machine stitching, images with zoom capabilities, scrolling informational and tip boxes, artist bios, printable materials lists and pages, step-by-step instructional articles, and so much more!
- Stitching Stories into Quilts with Ruth de Vos: Hidden images help tell a story.
- Colored Pencils and Cotton Threads with Lauren Evatt Finley: Blend colors to make unique thread paintings.
- Around the World in Stitches: Arpilleras with Margorie Agosin: Travel to South America to learn about Arpilleras.
- Drawing with Your Bobbin with Elin Waterson: Make an impact with thicker threads.
- Small Art, Big Presence with Kristin LaFlamme: Create small art that has a lot to say.
- The Liveliness of the Stitch with Dijanne Cevaal: Make your stitches come alive with texture.
- You Stitched What? Sticks and Stones with Jane Dávila: The pain-free way to stitch sticks and stones.
- Threads: See which threads some of your favorite artists use!
- Felted Flowerpot Cuff with Kelli Nina Perkins: Jazz up your boring flower pots with this fun and funky project!
3. How is it different from the digital edition of Quilting Arts Magazine®?
Quilting Arts in Stitches is an entirely unique product, separate from Quilting Arts Magazine®, that focuses on hand and machine stitch. Unlike the digital editions of Quilting Arts Magazine®, which are exact digital replications of the print editions, Quilting Arts in Stitches was developed solely as a digital product so that it can capitalize on all the benefits of online media capabilities, including videos, slideshows, zoom options that enable you to see close-ups of quilts, patterns that can be downloaded and printed, abilities to hyperlink to special sites, and so much more.
4. Will Quilting Arts in Stitches be available as a print magazine?
Because this was built as a digital product, it will not be printed as a traditional magazine. However, we hope you'll take advantage of the many printable materials we've included.
5. Will Quilting Arts in Stitches mean that Quilting Arts Magazine® will stop printing?
Absolutely not! Quilting Arts in Stitches is an entirely separate, additional product to the Quilting Arts family. Quilting Arts Magazine® is still our flagship publication. We’re celebrating our 10th anniversary, and have exciting issues ahead as we greet the next 10 years!
6. I would like to better understand how to view and navigate this eMag. Is there a demo of it I could see in order to do so?
Yes! See Jane and Pokey’s Welcome Preview