- Moderately Interesting but leaves me searching for info too often Review by Nancy
First, Vickie Howell is a super moderator & even though I don't crochet I don't mind a few tips as there have been occasions when I needed the skill to finish a garment.
I believe the show could be excellent with the following few improvements:
* either drop the tools of the trade segment or start giving out info such as the brand of the item and how to source it. Its format is an inexcusable compromise with your sponsors and a waste of time for your viewers.
* stop the pop-up note "find this (item, pattern, etc on Interweave.com)" I invite you to follow that suggestion to identify the show notes. If you don't have a shownote page you are 10 years behind the cheapes podcast out there. Its not only annoying its the main reason I won't be buying another season.
* I don't think I'm too different from many knitters who would want to see at minimum schematics, the name of the pattern and the name of the yarn used when you demo techniques.
(Posted on 2/16/14)
- Knitting Daily should be all knitting Review by Beth
Why are you making Knitting Daily, Knitting and Crocheting? I liked last year's Knitting Daily.
(Posted on 2/4/14)
- Series 1200 has too much jibber-jabber!!!!!! Review by Deanial
I loved Knitting Daily before this series.What happen?I watched Knitting Daily for the informative techniques.I always learned something.Maybe you should have stopped at series 1100 or changed to Knitting or Crochet Daily.I love Vickie Howell in Knitty Gritty but this is Knitting Daily!!!! I don't want to watch a video phone call (what a time waster) in space to space.Use time wisely.I don't need to see you walk, start next to the guest so they have more time for technique.Stop the unless jibber-jabber and you'll know what I mean.How many times do I have to hear Austin ,Texas.Remember more Technique!!! Also stop sticking extra hands in the knitting shots of the guest, it's distracting.
(Posted on 1/30/14)
- A couple of problems with this season Review by Rhonda
I have bought every season so far but not sure I will continue. Although, it is Vickie's first season and I do like her, I might give the show another season to improve. I have a problem with the camera not being completely in focus. Never happened on previous seasons. And I find the 'Tools of the Trade' segment totally useless without the names of the product or yarn so we can look into them further on line. Otherwise, I enjoy the guests who appear to discuss their design or technique and Vickie is very good at interviewing her guests. Just please get a better camera or cameraman to focus for clearer viewing so I won't feel so discombobulated when watching.
(Posted on 1/26/14)
- Best Season Ever! Review by Barbara
I LOVE Knitting Daily TV and I LOVE Vickie Howell, so I knew I would LOVE the newest season! And I do!
The format this season just seems to make more sense - each episode covers one subject or technique and I feel that I am really learning a lot about the subject or technique, the yarn that works best, perhaps the history, and maybe some of the details that make it what it is.
Keep it up! I hope Vickie continues as host for a long time!
(Posted on 12/10/13)