Now Available for Download!
The July issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist is just like the weather, hot, hot, hot! Covering so many topics including mandrels, alabaster, mokumé snakes, and copper, you’ll be hooked by the first page.
Learn all about ring and bracelet mandrels for an easy way to form your metal. From plastic and wood to grooved and tapered, discover which to use and how to use it. Then, put your mandrel knowledge to use while creating a stunning copper cuff with a silver inlay. With step-by-step up-close photos you will be sure to master this jewelry project in no-time.
Cure your gemstone blues in a hunt for Holly blue agate and discover what to look for in this classic cabbing material. Create a scrumptious silver link bracelet with Nevada blue chalcedony cabochon gemstones.
Next up in a ten part soldering series, learn how soldering copper metals differs from silver soldering. Lexi Erickson offers expert advice on special considerations you should take when soldering copper, brass, and bronze.
Discover the amazing artistry of an alabaster carver. Get the answers to frequent questions for working with this beauty from the pages of history, learn how to carve an alabaster bowl, and more!
Get bitten by the trending animal designs in jewelry. Make a snake pendant with ready-made mokumé gané sheet with a step-by-step stunning project. Be inspired by jewelry creature creations great and small.
Plus, be amazed at a cut designed for faceting an unusually flat and color zoned piece of sunstone rough to incorporate into your jewelry pieces.
In every issue you will be amazed at the amount of information packed into these pages:
- Fall in love with Cool Tools & Hip Tips by Helen Driggs where you will gain insight on the hottest tools and expert information on using them to improve your jewelry designs.
- Get ready to rock—Smokin’ Stones will introduce you to a vast and varied world of stones and you’ll learn all you need to know about buying, setting, or cutting a gem.
- Discover jaw-dropping projects and demos from industry leaders that incorporate all the tips and techniques within the issue.
- Gain expert insight on how to make the internet profitable for you in the newest column, Net Profits.
- Be in the know with answers to the most-popular jewelry-making questions in Ask the Experts with Tom and Kay Benham.
- Plus, in Trends you’ll discover the latest in jewelry and how to incorporate it into your own designs.
- And so much more!