Find your artistic voice with the September/October 2012 design issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist magazine! Jewelry maker Michael David Sturlin gives his tips for designing in a series to help you extend your potential, explore similar concepts, and discover your creative expression as an artist. Explore five different artists' designs and the evolution of their series as they refine their personal expression.
Push the envelope in your jewelry designs by drawing from the world of textiles! Be inspired to use techniques including weaving wire, enameling, and working with glass to create one-of-a-kind jewelry designs that emulate the textures, movement, and colors of fabric.
Who says fiction has to stay in the story books? Discover how this whimsical trend will have your jewelry designs turn from fantasy to reality! Plus, place yourself in the story books with a step-by-step magical Tigereye Collar project that mixes metalwork with leather for an out-of-this world look.
Be prepared to be amazed at the amount of information packed into this jewelry magazine:
- Get ready to rock your designs—Smokin’ Stones interviews expert lapidary artist Steve Walters about his unique stone carvings.
- Be inspired by our jaw-dropping projects and demos including a stylish magnetic metal clay clasp, a textured metal cabochon pendant, and more.
- Diamonds aren’t just for your jewelry designs but also for your lapidary tools! Learn all about the hottest diamond tools in Cool Tools & Hip Tips by Helen I. Driggs.
- Trying to figure out how much round 22-gauge wire is in one ounce? There’s an app for that! Check out this and other important apps jewelry makers should know about in Net Profits.
- Be in the know with these answers to your jewelry-making questions with Ask the Experts with Tom and Kay Benham.
- And much more!