You'll love this if:
- You want to create jewelry from mokumé gané without creating mokumé gané itself.
- You want to craft visually stunning jewelry using mokumé gané, and learn important considerations for working with this richly patterned, multicolored, layered metal stock.
- You want to learn artisan jewelry making techniques that will help you stand out.
Mold mokumé gané
Craft a one-of-a-kind bangle bracelet with unique mixed metal pattern
Twist, form, and cut your way to beautiful mokumé gané jewelry from pre-made stock without the work of creating the billet. Join artist and mokumé gané ninja Chris Ploof as he details the steps you need to create a stylish bracelet from pre-made mokumé gané stock. From simple tips for cutting into your mokumé gané to display the pattern, to soldering squarely and flawless finishing for your bracelet, discover all the must-have considerations you won't want to miss. By the end of this 98-minute video you'll have a beautifully patterned multi-metaled bracelet.
Whether you're looking to jump-start your skills in mokumé gané with tangible end results, or are hunting for important jewelry making tips applicable to all metal jewelry, this workshop DVD is a must have!
Get your copy of this DVD workshop today to:
- Learn every step from bending the bracelet to finishing your project!
- Explore specific considerations for working with mokumé gané that you need to know for successfully creating jewelry from this medium.
- Discover safety advice important for jewelry making with any metals.
- Get expert tool recommendations and advice applicable for all metal jewelry!
- Add depth and dimension to your mokumé gané by playing with asymmetric, symmetric, and complex patterning by twisting and filing the stock.
- And more!
About the artist
Chris Ploof is an award-winning master jeweler who has studied with many well-known artists, and apprenticed under a master goldsmith. The Santa Fe Symposium has twice given Chris the Industry Leader Award. His work appears on the cover of Showcase 500 Rings: New Directions in Art Jewelry and in many other publications. When not traveling as a consultant, Chris can be found in his busy Massachusetts studio. Visit www.chrisploof.com. Learn more about mokumé gané with Chris' other DVDs: Mokumé Gané with Chris Ploof, Mokumé Gané Jewelry: Make a Pillow Pendant, and Create more Metal Patterns: Advanced Mokumé Gané with Chris Ploof.