- Reasonably Satisfied Review by BubbeCraft
Frst, let me begin by saying two things:
1) Unlike a previous reviewer (Todd P), I did not find Jane Dunnwold the least bit sour. Droll? Yes, very much her own humorous "resist".
2) I had no idea what to expect since I knew next to nothing about the topic but the description, coupled with inexpensive price, made the workshop "irresistible"!
Having said that, overall, I was reasonably satisfied with content. My only issues are:
1) I will have to watch again and take notes so I can research the various things I did not understand. There were too many references to techniques she did not explain, assuming the viewer had some knowledge of the topic.
2) I think the video could be improved by demonstrating mediums other than just paint. It's not enough to say you can use other mediums -- which I understood produce different results -- and not explain and/or demonstrate them. For example, what exactly is thickened dye (where is it found or how is it made) and what kinds of differences are there in it's use on the different resists (such as overprinting -- should you dry between prints).
The best part for me was learning I could make my own silk screen inexpensively and most of the materials she used I already have on hand or they aren't expensive to purchase.
(Posted on 6/16/13)
- Good overview of four design techniques Review by Todd Peckham
I loved learning the methods demonstrated in this video, all of which have a lot of flexibility in their application. I would certainly recommend this video to anyone. Just wish the instructor had been a little less sour in her approach.
(Posted on 12/28/10)