Join seamstress, designer, pattern maker, and Stitch magazine contributor Jil Cappuccio to learn how to transform a well-fitting straight skirt into a beautiful and stylish A-line skirt. Known for her clothing designs that have a consistent fit and easy style, Jil shares many of her favorite techniques in this video.
You will learn:
- How to adapt a well-fitting skirt or skirt pattern with front and back darts to create a go-to skirt pattern
- Patterning tips and tricks
- Techniques for sewing the skirt and adding an elastic waistband
Along with great tips, tricks, and techniques, you'll discover ideas for modifying the basic skirt pattern to make a variety of one-of-a-kind styles, including:
- Adding an accent fabric as the center panel on the skirt front and back
- Creating mitered corners at the seam lines at the base of the skirt
- Inserting ruffles
- Adding pocket details
With Jil’s skillful guidance, along with her numerous tips, techniques, and amazing ideas, you’ll be inspired to keep redesigning this skirt well into the future!