The Groundbreaking New Way to Knit Socks:
Sockupied the eMag is now on Disc!
Sockupied on Disc makes a great gift!
Sockupied, the special-issue eMag, is an interactive journey through sock knitting. With an easy-to-use CD-ROM format that includes videos, galleries, tips and techniques, informative articles, designer profiles, and more, this new eMag will satisfy your sock knitting fix like never before.
If you knit socks, you know exactly what it means to be Sockupied!
With the new eMag Sockupied, you'll:
- Take to the streets with fun videos of socks and their stories
- Explore luxury with 6 cashmere sock yarns
- See video demonstrations on 4 cast-on methods for sock knitting of all skill levels
- Learn expert tips from sock designer Cookie A
- Discover 10 fresh ideas to resize your socks for a perfect fit
- Test your skills with 3 sock patterns from industry-leading sock designers
- See knitted sock galleries for inspiration
- And much, much more!
Welcome Video from Editor Anne Merrow
Experience In-Depth Content in Video, Interactive Galleries, and More!
Sockupied is your opportunity to learn about the ins and outs of sock knitting through a variety of media, right on your computer screen. Videos and interactive galleries are just some of the experiences that set this eMag apart from printed magazines and books. Settle in with your favorite knitting needles, watch interviews with other sock knitters, and be in control of galleries with a click of a button.
With Sockupied, you’ll explore sock knitting with top-notch designers. This issue features sock knitters Ann Budd, Cookie A, Debbie O'Neill, and more. Plus! Laugh a little! Sockupied features a new interactive cartoon from Franklin Habit, the humorous knitter, that will have sock fanatics holding their sides.
FAQs 1. So what is Sockupied?
Sockupied is a dynamic digital product called an eMag that you can download off this disc and onto your computer to enjoy on or offline. Sockupied includes articles, videos, gallery slideshows of knitted socks, hyperlinks to inspiring and informative websites, and so much more. With just the click of your mouse, you can open and play videos, view slideshows, and navigate easily around the eMag.
2. How is Sockupied different from the digital edition of Interweave Knits Magazine?
Sockupied is an entirely unique product that focuses on sock knitting. Unlike the digital editions of Interweave Knits, which are exact digital replications of the print editions, Sockupied was developed solely as a digital product so that it can capitalize on all the benefits of online media capabilities, including videos, slideshows, zoom options that enable you to see close-ups of stitches, patterns that can be downloaded and printed, abilities to hyperlink to special sites, and so much more.
3. Will Sockupied be available as a print magazine?
Because this was built as a digital product, it will not be printed as a traditional magazine; however, you can certainly print each of the pages. In fact, we hope you will! For instance, you’ll want to print the materials lists to stick in your bag the next time you go to your local yarn store.
4. Will Sockupied mean that Interweave Knits Magazine will stop printing?
Absolutely not! Sockupied is a fun, new addition to the Interweave Knits family.
5. I would like to better understand how to view and navigate this eMag. Is there a demo of it I could see in order to do so?
Yes! See the tutorial video below!
How to Tutorial
Plus, your purchase of Sockupied includes installation instructions to walk you through step-by-step installation and trouble-shooting.
Insert this disc into your PC or MAC computer and easily download your eMag today to start your journey in sock knitting! Be patient, as it may take a little while to download.
System Requirements for Windows (PC)
- Intel™ Pentium™ III processor (Pentium 4 recommended)
- Microsoft™ Windows™ XP Home, Professional, or Tablet PC Edition with Service Pack 2 or 3, Windows Server® 2003, Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64-bit editions) with Service Pack 1, or Windows 7
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
Please Note: PCs running the Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating system are not supported, and this eMag is not currently compatible with the iPad or the iPhone.
System Requirements for Macintosh
- Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.4, v10.5 or v10.6
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
Please Note: Mac computers with PowerPC® processors are not supported, and this eMag is not currently compatible with the iPad or the iPhone.