Bring your bookmaking skills up to speed with this workshop video featuring Paige Martin!
You'll love this workshop if:
- You've done basic book binding and are ready to learn new techniques
- You want to learn how to make your own unique art journals & sketchbooks
- You're looking for a unique new personalized gifting idea
- You want to see your own artwork as the cover of a book you made yourself
In this workshop video, you'll begin binding books using three new hand-sewing methods: long, link, and Coptic stitch. Learn how to combine simple materials like paper, book board, and thread to create beautiful, one-of-a-kind bound books. Host Paige Martin will teach you all the tips, tricks, and secrets she discovered while working in a professional bindery. Use your new skills to create professional looking books that can be tailored to any size, shape, or style using your chosen materials. Whether you’re new to making books or an experienced binder, you’ll come away with enough knowledge and techniques to take your books to the next level.
Watch a preview of Stitch This Book now!
Suggested Tools & Supplies:
- Heavy-duty craft knife
- Metal-edged ruler
- Cutting mat
- Glue brush
- PVA adhesive
- Bone folder
- Japanese paper punch
- Eyelet setting tools and eyelets
- Binders clips
- Needles, straight and curved, large-eyed
- Waxed linen thread
Find supplies for your book binding project in the Cloth Paper Scissors Shop!
About the Author
Paige Martin fell in love with book and paper arts in college. She went on to work as a professional bookbinder and independent cut paper artist. She is now part of the Cloth Paper Scissors editorial team and blogs in her free time about her latest projects.