Now available for download!
Calling all passionate beaders, we have a captivating February/March Beadwork issue just for you! With 10+ projects, you can learn new beading techniques, practice your favorite methods, learn new tricks and tips for creating unique jewelry, and much more!
Discover the incredible jewelry that four creative designers created when they were all given the same set of materials. Melinda Barta, Jean Campbell, Linda Landy, and Jennifer VanBenschoten show off their funky and fantastic pieces. Can you handle the heat? Find out how to try your hand at the Beadwork challenge.
Check out the unveiling of the new fantastic four! Beadwork welcomes Jean Power, Diane Fitzgerald, Leslie Frazier, and the sister duo Sue Jackson and Wendy Hubick as Designers of the Year. Learn how to create intricate looking, easy-to-follow projects alongside these designers: peyote-stitch some sparkly and shapely bangles that your wrist can’t live without, embellish a lacelike necklace that will never go out of style, use Japanese seed and peanut seed beads to weave a colorful bracelet, and create wonderfully funky charms for a bracelet using square stitch and wirework!
Get the scoop on seed beads! Seed beads come in many different shapes and sizes. Learn about the origins of Czech, Japanese, and cylinder seed beads with expert Jean Campbell.
Find out how you can be a part of the 15th Anniversary Beaded Bead Contest! Follow along with Beadwork magazine and create variations of five different beads. At the end of the year, share a piece of jewelry you made that incorporates at least one of each of the five anniversary beaded beads.
In every issue, you will be amazed at the amount of information packed into these pages:
- Be inspired by stunning projects from the experts. In each issue, you’ll find a remarkable project from each of our four 2012 Designers of the Year: Jean Power, Diane Fitzgerald, Leslie Frazier, and the dynamic sister duo Sue Jackson and Wendy Hubick.
- Take your beadwork to the next level with Jean Campbell’s column Stitch Pro—a compressive exploration of beading techniques.
- See what happens when you give 4 designers identical materials, and they let their creativity go wild with The Challenge.
- Discover our feature W.O.R.D (“What Our Readers Did”)! Now you have the chance to see how readers just like you have created their own jewelry and variations on projects straight from Beadwork.
- Plus, in Simply Seeds, Melissa van Dijk puts a spotlight on the ever-popular seed bead.
- In Bead Artist, Michelle Mach interviews a popular artist on their beading experiences.
- And so much more!